Organisation:OSS Alliance, Czech Republic
OSS Alliance, a national public organisation of Czech Republic, created
in 2009 an administrative application based on open source software
for the administering and
the management system of documents in public administrations. The developed document management
system is based on PHP and MySQL and is licensed under EUPL license.
source code of the OSS components was modified so as to meet the needs of the organization.
The developed open source document management system is developed with compliance to the national legal requirements.
It can be applied to every public administration that has the legal rights to use this type
of application. Some key features of this management system are:
- management of physical documents and e-documents,
- implementation of storage and archiving,
- administering of document workflow,
- connection to other document management systems,
- enabling searching features in documents,
- development of reports & printing enabling,
- receiving and sending documents,
- provision of support for eGovernment projects
Software components /
licenses:The developed document management system is based on PHP and MySQL and is licensed under EUPL license.
Main results /achieved objectives
- The strategic independence from vendors lock-in
- The reduction of procurement (licensing) costs
Perspectives:Nowadays the document management system is in operation and more than 2.000 stakeholders have been interested in the system today. In OSS Alliance
they are about to finish and release the next enhanced version of the document management system.
Contact / info:
Mr. Jaroslav Krotky, email@example.com